Laws for Landlord and Tenants in Alberta: This website includes information on the laws, disputes, security deposits, and subletting in Alberta. This site also features commonly asked questions Albertans have about renting.
Renting out a room in your home: If you are a homeowner and are thinking about renting out a spare room in your home, you should become familiar with the laws that relate to this living arrangement. The idea of saving money by renting out a room in your house may be appealing. But there are some risks associated with being a landlord. This booklet will help you understand the laws that relate to this living situation.
Life Leases: A life lease agreement occurs when a person buys the exclusive right to occupy a unit in a particular development for life, a fixed term or until the person can no longer live independently within the unit. This booklet will assist you in understanding the different options that relate to life leases.
Domestic Violence Toolkit for Landlords: This Kit has been designed for landlords, property managers and anyone else who works on-site or has access to residential rental units.
Your Rights When Renting: “Your rights when renting: Human rights in Alberta,” is a series of resources funded by the Human Rights Education and Multicultural Fund.
- What is Discrimination (Somali Version, Arabic Version)
- Age Discrimination (Somali Version, Arabic Version)
- When rental advertisements discriminate: What you need to know (Somali Version, Arabic Version)
- Questions Not Allowed (Somali Version, Arabic Version)
- Affordable Housing (Somali Version, Arabic Version)
- Living in a Rental Property (Somali Version, Arabic Version)
- Nursing Homes (Somali Version, Arabic Version)