Publications and Resources from the Centre for Public Legal Education Alberta (CPLEA)
Adult Guardianship and Trustee Act
Elder Abuse: If Plans Haven’t Been Made
Planning Ahead To Prevent Elder Abuse
Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID)
LawNow e-magazine – Issue 40-6 – Medical Assistance in Dying
Planning for Incapacity
Planning Your Own Funeral
Canadian Legal FAQs: Wills and Estates in Alberta
Power of Attorney
- Making an Enduring Power of Attorney
- Being an Attorney under an Enduring Power of Attorney
- General Powers of Attorney
Making a Will
The item you require for litigation and processing of will and estate/probate matters is called the Surrogate Rules Package and is available to purchase from Alberta Queen’s Printer. It is available electronically (PDF format that can be printed off to be completed) or in print format.
See also the following information and resources from other public legal education organizations on
Dying Without a Will
- Student Legal Services (University of Alberta) – http://www.slsedmonton.com/civil/wills/
- Calgary Legal Guidance – Dying Without a Will
- Alberta Justice – What Happens If I Die Without a Will?
Information and Legal Help for Seniors in General
Alberta Seniors Information Line Information about programs, benefits and services for seniors.
Phone: (780) 427-7876 or 1-800-642-3853 toll free
Pre-recorded legal information messages available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phone: 1-800-332-1091 toll free